Background

Friday, October 10, 2014

October 6, 2014

This week was super good! I loved General Conference. The talks by Elder Holland, Bednar, and also by Anderson especially. Praise the man who communed with Jehovah because he gave us the restored gospel in these latter days! Oh, how I am grateful for that knowledge! We have had some really great conferences. I don’t know if it’s because I’m actually paying attention or something…hahaha. I remember the last conference before I left on my mission I went 4 wheeling with Kipp. It was funny. I tell people that when they ask: “What do you think of the age change for missionary work? I was like, not sure. I wasn’t watching.” I’m sure it puts a bad light on me. Hahaha. The theme that really spoke to me in this conference was the offerings which we should graciously be giving. I’m gonna be honest. I have never paid fast offerings, ever. General Conference said the blessings don’t come until offerings are given to the Bishop. I took that to heart. So, I’ve tried it out. We are having difficulties with a few of our investigators and the commandment of tithing. It’s super sad. They are so solid but then texted us on Friday and said that they are done. We were just like: “Noooooooo!” So, when I heard that about fast offerings at Gen Conf, I thought, “Yes. This is what they need.” My companion and I fasted and paid generously. I have the assurance of the Lord that these things will take place. Oh, how I love the counsel that our leaders of the church bring into the work of the Lord. What a blessing it is in my life! Lately we have been focusing on the Book of Mormon and how it’s the main focus of our teaching. It’s such an amazing thing! We have been instructed to read the first 15 chapters of the Book of Mormon with all investigators and also LARCS. It’s amazing for me to see the new truths I find every day! I love this gospel and the joy it brings in my life!

May we all be blessed as we heed the Lord’s counsel and act with real intent!
I love you all! 
Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment