Background

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sept. 22, 2014

This week was super good. I got to see a lot of my old comps. 2 of them finished their missions and went home this last Tuesday. I saw them off. It’s sad because that means I only have more 3 transfers and then I’ll do the same! We did a lot of travelling going to Reno, Sparks, and Fallon. It was crazy. It rained a crazy amount this Sunday. It was like a river in the streets for an hour. Thanks to it being so dry here, it sucked it all up. We were considering some former contacts and we found good potential. We set another person with a date this week. It was awesome! She has already had all the lessons and she knows it’s true. She had troubles getting baptized before because she just had a baby and such. We set a date for Nov. 8. She is so awesome! We have been studying the POS (aka the Plan of Salvation) intensively and it’s super awesome! The doctrine and the scriptures behind it are awesome! It’s  amazing that not a lot of people agree with it. Enos says there are “prophets among us. And the people were a stiffnecked people, hard to understand” (Enos 1:22). The prophesies of our time are coming to pass every day. We had a few people trying to bash with us this week. I just bare testimony and walk away. Well, that’s what I wanted to do but sometimes they don’t let us talk so we just have to walk away. It’s crazy how much I have learned out here and how my testimony is so much stronger. I was reading one of your previous letters and you said something along the lines that at first I went on a mission with blind faith (I think that was true). But, as I prepared and worked on my mission my faith and my strength have grown and I have been blessed to be the missionary I am now. I’ve gone through a whole lot of different experiences and a lot of different things, but now my faith is strong! Teaching a new investigator, one of the 1st things she asked when we sat down was “Do I know, am I  100% sure that this is true?” Without hesitation I was able to say “yes”. I am so grateful that I could do that. I’m so blessed to be here and gain these experiences!

Love you so much, 
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment