Background

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 25, 2014

I’m doing super good. We had a really good week. We had like 24 lessons which is the best I have seen in  a while. Elder Padilla is super awesome. We get along so well. It just goes to show that if you have a good attitude and are humble everything will work out. I’m super blessed because we like the same things: longboarding, music, movies, and stuff. He’s also super funny. He makes me laugh all the time and I do the same for him. I think I found my soul mate. hahahah (jk). In all seriousness, we are doing amazing work! This week we have 3 new people set with a date totaling 6 set with a date either in Sept. or the beginning of Oct. It’s sweet! We met this one family: dad’s name is Cory and the girlfriend is Trish. They are in their late 20’s and have a 4 year old. We met Cory on the street and he told us to come back. It didn’t seem too promising. He said casually that he wanted to change his life. When we went to his house he was the most sincere person ever. He is solid and his girlfriend has had experience with missionaries (just on the street). We had the first lesson just kind of getting to know them and they were so grateful. We set up a time to go back the next day. We were on exchanges with the assistants to the President, Elder Tiaou. I was with him the first lesson just getting to know them and then I went to the second lesson with a member (my comp Elder Padilla was with the AP). We taught the lesson on the Restoration. It was amazing! They are so solid! We invited them to church and they came!!!!! The simple things make all the difference. They stayed the whole time, all 3 hours, which is rare. We talked about the Atonement in Gospel Principles. The teacher told the story about a seminary class doing an object lesson about the kid doing 10 push-ups for each kid that wants a donut. (The teacher walks around to each seminary student offering them a donut but one student is assigned to do all the push-ups. Have you ever heard that story?) It was powerful and Cory was crying. I was on the verge of tears myself. It was an amazing experience. To top it all off, we really didn’t have to do anything. We just sat next to them and the members did the fellowshipping. It was so great. This ward is fantastic! I love this work that I am doing. The weeks are just flying by! It’s amazing. We had zone conference this week, as well. I always love zone conference because it inspires me to do so much more. The mission president was focusing on the talk “Missionary work and the Atonement” (the talk that you sent me maybe 2 weeks ago!). I love that talk. It speaks to me. He mentioned that all our teaching appointments should be centered around Jesus Christ and the Atonement. We always kind of did that, but now we make our lessons scream the Atonement. It makes such a difference.
Love your son who is so happy right now!
Elder Wilson

Oh, I forgot to tell you the best part…I got to go to the temple with my recent convert to do baptisms for the dead. It was such an awesome experience! I saw the old gang and Elder Reeder (my best comp and bud of the world) was there too. Man, good times! I actually got to baptize her in the temple. I got like 30 baptisms this week. Hahahah. It was cool! I love the temple. I’m going there a lot when I get home. I can continue to hasten the work when I am home. I love the gospel!



No comments:

Post a Comment