Background

Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 18, 2014

It’s been a really great week with a lot of ups and downs. We had a few things go down this week. We had a new investigator in the beginning of the week. Her name is Angie. She is so awesome! We committed her to be baptized and taught her the Restoration and Plan of Salvation. Then on Saturday she gave her fellow shipper a call and said that she no longer desires to take the lessons. She said her husband is buried in a Catholic cemetery and if she gets baptized into the LDS faith she will not be able to get buried next to him. This Sunday we fasted and prayed for an opportunity to speak with her and share with her the eternal perspective. It was a bummer that she didn’t grasp the principle during the lesson of the Plan of Salvation. Hopefully we will be able to meet with her again and share that. We still have a lot of high hopes for her. She is so awesome. That was a bummer. It was a great week because we had lots of good things happen. We went on exchanges with some district leaders and there comps. It was great. I learned a lot making it more personable when you teach. It makes all the difference. I’m just super glad that I’m an outgoing guy. It really helps the work along. On Saturday every lesson canceled except dinner. We had a Brazilian dish. It was super good: pulled chicken surrounded by mashed potatoes and deep fried. Yum! Hahaha. We taught sharing time in Primary this week. It was rough. Kids our are future. I did my best prepping myself for the day I have my own kids. hahaha. I’m so grateful to be out here and the blessing that my family receives because of it. Not only at this point in time but my future family. We always have to keep an eternal perspective…not where I am now but what I can become as I follow the commandments that God has blessed us with.

Love you all so much,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment