Background

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 28, 2014 email

Before I forget: this morning when we were praying I got up and bumped the dresser. The whiteboard that was on the dresser fell and hit me in the face. I was crying and whimpering. (See picture) I tell people that the adversary is very real! hahaha Oh, jokes that are true are even better!

Danny sent me a good letter telling me of his experiences so far. The Lord is blessing him a lot by answering his humble prayers for comfort. I've been in that situation and my prayers were answered through others.  It’s awesome to say that my brother is on a mission too. We can share experiences with each other. What a blessing! The advice I can offer: listen to your mission president and follow his counsel about obedience. That is when the miracles will happen! Whenever I think on the day not going well, I think: “I didn't read my scriptures as much as I could have today” or “I didn't take the opportunity to talk to the lady that was walking her dog”. These are simple things that make all the difference. I know that to be true. Danny said that he wants pictures of the family and he regrets that he didn't bring any. Maybe that will help him but it can go both ways. When I look at pics although it’s amazing to see you all, it makes me miss home. But, my thoughts always say: “Give all you have now then you can see them. So, just keep going.” I like to hear of the family adventures and all the happenings in detail. It makes me feel that I am there as well. It puts me in a different state of mind for a couple of minutes. I don’t know what he will feel. It’s up to him.

I know the gospel is true. I live it and receive the blessings the Lord promises. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. I read it and hear God through the words of that book. It is the convincing evidence that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I bare witness that Joseph did see God the Father and Jesus Christ face to face. I feel the spirit every time I share that account with an investigator. Therefore, I know that it is true. Jesus Christ lives and He wants us to return back to our Father in Heaven. He has provided the way for us. All we have to do is humble ourselves and partake of the gift that He freely gave. It breaks my heart when people sin or make mistakes and don’t partake of that gift because they are too stubborn or lack faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know why I’m out here. It’s not an easy task that I have been called to do. I know, as Elder Holland put it, salvation is not a cheap experience. It was never easy. Why would it be easy for us if it was never easy for him. Those words pierce my soul every time I say it, think it, or hear it. God lives and He answers my prayers. No matter what I ask, He answers. Not always in the way that I want but I receive those faint whispers through the Holy Ghost. It motivates me to do much more. I will never quit. I will never give up. My love for this incredible work is great! These are just words but I pray that my actions personify my words. I ask the Lord’s blessings on you and I do so in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love all around,
Elder Wilson, for life :)


7/7 Virginia City

7/11 Mission Leadership Conference

7/28 collision with whiteboard

No comments:

Post a Comment