Background

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 16. 2014

I’m sorry that these emails seem like they are put together really fast. I try to put in the effort. Sometimes we are rushed because we have so many things to do. Last week we needed to give a blessing to a man in the hospital. So, I was crunching time to get everything done before 5. We like to kick back a little and have fun on P-days too. I have come to grips that P-days are the day to get everything done. I don’t need the day to relax and hang out. That’s waiting for me when I get home. The time the Lord has for me to do His work is too short. There’s no time to slack off especially on P-days.  Before I forget, how was dad’s Father’s Day? I hope it was good. I always remembered Father’s Day being on the 20th (right after my birthday) but not this year. I will email him and wish him a happy Father’s Day. Man, I miss you guys. I’m not trunky in the sense that I don’t work hard but just missing home. It will be a wonderful day when I lay my head down and say “tomorrow it is finished. I’m going home to you.” The next day will be even better. I can’t wait, but, enough about that.

This week was really good. I went on exchanges with the Tahoe elder. I was with Elder Anderson, the district leader. We had the best exchange I have been on this transfer. It was great! He is a great elder. We taught a lot of lessons in Spanish and it was hard for me to stay focused because I don’t understand the language. It was difficult to stay involved because they talk so fast. He could translate for me but that takes more time. I gave a baptismal interview that day. It was a great experience to see the conversion in someone. All I know is that they had a desire to get baptized. That was an amazing thing for me. We had a zone training this past Wednesday. It was great. I’m getting it down in my mind. I have to make the presentation appealing but also informational. The missionaries know the doctrine. They need to know it from another perspective. We also are having a great time in the singles branch. We have been biking a lot to save miles. We cover the whole stake but had to cut our automobile miles to be the example to the zone. I feel good about it. We didn’t get many lessons because a lot of people were out of town but we continue to search for more investigators. The biking helps because when we see someone on the street or in their garage or something we stop and talk to them. It’s always an adventure. Transfers are next week but I’m not too worried. I’m pretty sure I’ll be staying, but, hey you never know. Can you believe I only have 5 transfers left? It’s crazy!

I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you do. I appreciate everything you have done for me. I can’t wait to hug and kiss everyone!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment