Background

Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 6, 2014


Well, this week was awesome. Everyone was home after the holidays and we had a lot of appointments and lessons! We have 2 baptisms scheduled for this Tuesday (2nd ward) and another 2 baptisms scheduled for January 17. This week was also good for service. We had the opportunity to work with chickens and turkeys. We cleaned chicken coops and dog kennels. We pet a cow. (That wasn’t service. It was just fun.) Then we helped slaughter chickens and then plucked the feathers. I did it reluctantly. We cleaned the chickens (inside and out). That was gross, but, I  did it. The next day we demolished a basement. That was fun. Everyone calls me Elder Murphy here. (Murphy’s Law: everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Did I tell you the story of me cleaning the Brigg’s basement? I broke a few things. That’s how I got the name, Elder Murphy.) We went to demolish this basement which was tons of fun. We just tore down everything. It was awesome! (I could go into the profession.) I also broke the hammer while working. Oops! Hey, it happens. Afterwards we filled the font for a baptism. We were able to bring our investigators to it. They said it was awesome. They are totally ready for baptism tomorrow. I can’t wait! I get to perform the baptism. Great!

We got our transfer call last night and we are both staying in Ely. We are just going to serve the 2nd ward. Also, we are losing our car. (There is a set of Sisters coming into the 2nd ward.) We lost a car and we will be covering a semi large area. Gotta go. Need to set up the new sisters’ apartment before they arrive on Wednesday.

Love you much,
Elder Wilson








No comments:

Post a Comment