Background

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dec 1, 2013

In Sacrament Meeting today there was a baby’s blessing. Afterwards the mother got up and bore her testimony. She talked about how grateful she was for her “little ball of joy”. She talked about her parents always saying, “You know that I love you, right?” as she was growing up. She always felt like “yeah, okay”, but, didn’t quite get it. It was after her first child was born that she truly understood that “love”. Now she appreciates her parents more and understands “love” that means you would do anything for your child. Although I don’t have kids (yet), when she said that I couldn’t help but recall how many times you’ve said “I love you” and I shrugged it off. Now, I realize what kind of love your talking about. Mom, I love you. Dad, I love you. Family, I love you.

My companion, Elder Whipple, is from Show Low, Arizona. He has like 14 kids in his family. He is 20 years old and has been out for about four months. He is quiet, but, he has taught me a lot. Just the way he does things makes me think. I love it. The snow has offered many service opportunities. Yesterday we had a good snow storm. It snowed all day. We walked around all bundled up with shovels in hand. We had lots of people agree to allow us to help them shovel. It was awesome! We keep pretty busy between the 2 wards especially on Sundays. We want to be busier! Hopefully, as we serve people will see us and want to learn more. The members are helping a lot. We just had dinner with a ward family and they had invited a potential investigator! The investigator agreed to listen to us and we set up an appointment for next week! Sweet.

I’m doing great. I love you all so much.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment