Background

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 17, 2013

Today is Monday. I found a present in the mail from Denise and when I got to the porch I saw a package from my family. Thank you to all. It’s crazy to think I’m 19. Here I am doing what I’m supposed to be doing. Life is fantastic! I love the 18-month calendar that you made for me! It’s going to be a great birthday. The only thing that could make it better is to have my family with me. Hey, I will cope. I’m so grateful for you guys!

Well, this weekend we had the wedding for our investigators. Elder Loveridge and I were the valet, usher, and bouncer (luckily no one crashed the party). We were also the set-up crew, seat coordinator, clean-up crew, and DJ. (It was a blessing to have experience with family weddings to fall back on.) These same investigators will be baptized in early July. That’ll be great! The day before the wedding Elder Loveridge asked me to buzz his hair. The attachments were messed up and even though I used a #8, it cut super short. He was mad. Then the buzzer died part way through the hair cut. I was cracking up. The groom, Mitch, took him to a salon to fix it. He looks good now. So, all good. Last night we saw an “Extreme Fire Danger” sign. We HAD to take a picture. Trust me, I HAD to do it. Check it out!

Our Sacrament Meeting was interesting on Father’s Day. There is tons of construction on the roads surrounding the chapel. It was a good 30 minute wait to pass the construction area. Needless to say, the Branch President, the speakers, and half the congregation were late. We actually blessed and passed the Sacrament twice during the meeting. It reinforced for me the reason of the entire meeting! Everyone has the ability to enjoy the blessings of the Atonement. What a gift from our elder brother, Jesus Christ! I really enjoyed thinking of the significance of the Atonement and the Sacrament.

You just have to take a leap of faith and believe. We obviously don’t know everything. We can try, but, it’s just not possible. Heavenly Father knows what is best and we have to put our trust in Him and our faith in our Savior. That’s all we need for success in life!

Love,
Elder Wilson




No comments:

Post a Comment