Background

Monday, March 4, 2013

Feb. 26th (letter)


Feb. 26th, 2013

Things are going well here. Things are different from the MTC. Myself included. We bike everywhere. It will be good for me. My companion is cool. We are learning together and trying to work out the kinks in our teaching and our relationship. It’s hard to be with someone 24/7. We notice everything that each of us does. I get on his nerves. He gets on my nerves. (It is expected when you are around someone that much.) We have a baptism lined up for March 16th in Utah. We are teaching him here and he will be baptized by his Great Grandpa in Utah. Then, he will be confirmed back here. It is cool. It seems to be harder for the people that we are trying to re-activate. They are just so comfortable in their lifestyle and don’t want to change. We try to teach them but they already “know”. They say they just don’t want to go to church anymore. I have been reading in the D & C. I love to read all the revelations that were given to Joseph Smith that pertain to us even after 200 years. It’s amazing! I also have been reading the history of the Church. The pioneers and the early members of the Church had to go through so much. We study so that we can be better teachers. The days go by so fast. Everybody has said after a month in the field, time just flies by. It’s really tough out here but it’s rewarding too. I have to remember that missionary work is defined as “work”. That is the truth!

I want to bear my testimony to you that I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus lives. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Jesus Christ to this earth. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the grove on that Spring morning in 1820. He received visits from angels after that. There is no doubt in my mind. I have prayed and I have received that answer. If you ever doubt, get down on your knees and pray to your Heavenly Father. Your Father in Heaven will answer you. He loves you. I know that if you follow His perfect example you will see God and His Son in the celestial kingdom once more. I promise you. I love you guys. All the things that have been done for me have not gone unnoticed. I’m forever grateful. I will not be able to repay the efforts but I will give it my all. That’s for sure!

I love you all.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment