Background

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Letter dated February 17, 2014



I’m finally writing to you. It’s been crazy here. After Jose and Marco were baptized, we were assigned to the 1stWard. There we had 2 more baptisms. Two smart and awesome kids, Kameron and Kassidy. Everything went great there. An older brother is going to get the Priesthood. The ward members are doing a good job fellowshipping. We tried to call the Dad (Kenny) and got no answer. We then called his brother and we were told that Kenny had gone to the hospital. The family would need to move out of their home. We are so sad that they are moving because we really like that family. We helped them with the big job of moving. (I was given 3 Samurai swords and a cool looking dagger!)  
                Last week we also baptized Maria (relative of Jose and Marco). Elder Whipple performed the baptism. I will confirm her this Sunday (the 23rd). I’m excited. We also got a new investigator. Her name is Candy. She was referred by her neighbors. The referral originally went to Sisters in the 3rd Ward. That didn’t go so well and now we have been asked to teach her. We taught the lesson on the Restoration and challenged her to be baptized.  We asked, “when you know these things to be true, will you be baptized?” She said, yes. It was just a great lesson. We’ve set up another appointment for tomorrow. Wish us luck. (I know that luck has nothing to do with it. It all rests on the spirit.) I know it will all go well. We refer to her in missionary terms as a “golden”. She’s awesome!
                Elder Whipple got sick and we took it easy for a couple of days. Now I’m feeling a little sick, but, I’ll get better soon. I’m excited for my new companion. It will be neat to work with him because he’s been a Zone Leader. That means he is a hard worker. Super sweet! Elder Whipple will be going to Stead, NV. He’s excited and so am I. I’ll be better about writing letters, Mom. I’ll be better at journal writing too. A member told us to write in our journals everyday. He shared an awesome spiritual experience that his journals had saved him from bad choices later.

Love you,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment