Background

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11/4/2013

I had a rough few weeks with my last companion but the last week with him has been great. We had a lot of success and I feel that we made a difference in the lives of the people we taught. I’m not in Reno anymore. I’m in a little town called Ely. It’s a mining town and I love it here. It’s kind of like Walker but on the exact opposite side of the state. I’m really close to home. You should come see me. Haha. You know how Bro. Kipp has told us about his companion on his mission? Well, he is in my stake! He is actually one of the counselors in the stake presidencies. This is a small world. There are no coincidences in this world. It is all part of the wonderful plan that Heavenly Father made for us. I love to see these things in my life and to realize how much Heavenly Father loves us. He is so aware of us! My new companion is really cool. I live in a members home in their basement with another set of missionaries. It’s pretty crazy sometimes but nice to talk to someone other than your companion once in a while.

Danny, things to know before leaving on your mission:
1.      No mission or people are the same.
2.      Obedience is very important. That’s how you show your love to the Lord. You can say it all you want but by doing it and being exactly obedient is very important. I have been struggling with that. It’s just so easy to sleep in or stay inside for a little longer than your supposed to or mess around.
3.      Missions are hard but they are totally worth it. You’ve got to set it in your mind that you are going to work hard the entire time. It will be hard but there is someone much better that did something much harder: Our Savior and we owe this to Him. This is the least we can do.

I have learned many things on my mission these are just a few. I hope it helps. In Reno I had a few baptisms and they were great. I love seeing someone who has made mistakes in life be baptized. The cleaning effects of the Atonement take effect once you are immersed and rise from that water. You see a perfect person for that small moment in time. This gospel is true! Oh, how I love it! Danny, you will see the hand of the Lord in all aspects of your 2 year mission. It’s amazing! Set in your mind that you will serve with exactness. It’s a hard thing to do but I’m positive that if you prepare, it can be done! You will be ready to come out and serve with all of your might, mind, and strength. That is a promise from the Lord’s representative.

Love you so much.
Elder Wilson





No comments:

Post a Comment