Background

Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

This will be my letter to you this week. I just have no time to write. We have had tons of great things happen! I was able to go to the temple and see the new video. The Reno temple is gorgeous! We had exchanges this week with the Keystone elders and the Zone Leaders. It was fun. Since the district leader is my companion we go on more exchanges (which I like). I was able to see Elder Loveridge. We got back in touch. I told him about Walker and the happenings before I left. I also got to see my “brother”. In our mission our trainer is referred to as “dad” and then anyone else he trains is our “brother”. It’s cool because then we have “family” in the mission. It’s something missionaries do.

I’ve taken lots of pictures. You will get an SD card soon. I got the package you sent. Thank you so much. I was in need of the mole skin. While on exchanges we walked A LOT. I got really bad blisters. My bike is still broken. I broke the bicycle chain a couple of weeks ago while popping a wheelie. It happens. We played Juice Pong after planning yesterday with all the guys in the house. It was fun.

I’m learning a lot from my companion. He is a great teacher. I’ve had to get used to his idiosyncrasies. For instance, if he wants to do something he does it without telling me: like turn a corner on a street and I just keep walking straight. We lose each other all the time. It’s happened 3 times just in this week! It’s annoying and funny at the same time. We have a baptism coming up this weekend. My companion is performing the baptism. It’s always cool to be a part of a baptism. I have been able to take part in 2 of those myself. I love it. I love being able to use the priesthood and do God’s work here on the earth. I love to see all the change in people as they accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ (including myself).

I’m happy to hear of all the good things happening in the family. I love you guys so much. I love hearing of all your adventures, Mom, and I know you like hearing of mine. Things are going great here in Reno. I love talking to the many homeless in Reno. Something that I learned to do is to be outgoing enough that people feel comfortable, but not enough to lose the special purpose that I have in Reno.

I love you all so much
Elder Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment